Jasprit Bumrah will play an international match after 11 months on Friday i.e. today. Bumrah, who was captaining the team on the tour of Ireland, was out of the team since September last year due to a back injury.
Before the first T20 match against Ireland, he said, ‘Even during the rehabilitation, I was not preparing for the T20 match. I was always preparing for the World Cup. I never considered this time as a bad phase.
Bumrah said, ‘It feels great to be back. He was working hard at the National Cricket Academy (NCA). It’s been a long road, now it looks good. Bumrah played his last match for India in September 2022, after which he had to take the biggest break of his cricket career due to a stress fracture in his back.
Bumrah Said- I Don’t Think Much About Expectations
- Was bowling 10, 12 and 15 overs at the rehabilitation center in Bengaluru. I bowled more overs, thus making it easier when I needed to bowl less overs. I made the point that we are preparing for an ODI tournament, not a four-over tournament.
- ‘It can be frustrating when it takes time to recover from an injury. Instead of doubting myself, I was thinking about how I could get fit and make a comeback.
- ‘It is important to give time and respect to the body. I never took it as a bad phase and I don’t think my career is over. I was trying with all my heart. When the solution was found, I felt better.
- ‘I don’t think too much about expectations. I just want to enjoy the game as I am making a comeback after a long break. Never been away from a game for so long. I keep coming back to have fun because I love this game.
- ‘I met a lot of players at NCA. Sometimes things are out of your control. The body needs time to recover and you should respect that too.