Shaktisinh Gohil Alleges Gujarat Government of Massive ₹12 Billion Corruption Scandal

Gujarat Congress leader Shaktisinh Gohil has leveled serious allegations of corruption against the BJP’s allies in the Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation (GIDC). He claims that the Gujarat government issued two notifications favoring certain industrialists in land allocation under GIDC rules. 

According to Gohil, while 90% of plots were allocated under a satisfied category allowing for the declaration of secured zones, the remaining 10% were announced with a substantial increase in taxes, making them publicly saleable. Furthermore, during the closure of chemical zones, GIDC allegedly sought applications for plots at a rate of ₹2845 per square meter per annum, marking a significant rise from ₹2000 to ₹10000. 

These actions have reportedly caused fear among old applicants, prompting the BJP’s allies and officials to engage in corruption with needy industrialists.

Shaktisinh Gohil Alleges Further Corruption, Urges Supreme Court Inquiry

Shaktisinh Gohil has made more allegations, stating that in the first phase alone, the government allocated 5 lakh 25 thousand square meters of land, resulting in a loss of 350 million rupees to the government’s treasury. 

He further claims that in another phase, 2 million square meters of land allocation caused a loss of 120 million rupees. Gohil has demanded a comprehensive judicial inquiry into the entire case before a sitting judge of the Supreme Court.

Shaktisinh Gohil has demanded that ED officials file a case of money laundering against those responsible in the GIDC office. He has insisted that action should be taken within six months against those who convert secure and insecure zones. He questioned why GIDC sought applications without clear orders in the spectrum allocation case. He has requested a joint investigation by ED, CBI, and Income Tax authorities.

Allegations of Corruption at GIDC: Shaktisinh Gohil’s Criticism

Shaktisinh Gohil, the former Chief Minister, has launched a scathing attack regarding corruption within GIDC (Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation). He emphasized the need to be assertive rather than lenient in tackling corruption issues. 

Gohil expressed concerns that turning a blind eye to such pervasive corruption could lead to severe consequences, even invoking a proverb that not even the divine will forgive a soft approach towards corruption. 

He called for a thorough investigation into the allegations, highlighting the magnitude of the issue that requires immediate attention. Despite the transfer of the official in charge, details of ministerial involvement remain unclear, according to Gohil’s statements.

Gohil Criticizes Preference for Marathi Cadre Officers

Shaktisinh Gohil recently made remarks indirectly targeting BJP President CR Patil, suggesting that Patil’s preference for Marathi cadre officers is misplaced. Without mentioning Patil by name, Gohil implied that due to the BJP leader being Marathi himself, he favors appointing officers from the same cadre, potentially sidelining competent officers from other backgrounds.

Niyati Rao

Niyati Rao is a seasoned writer and avid consumer who specializes in crafting informative and engaging articles and product reviews. With a passion for research and a knack for finding the best deals, Niyati enjoys helping readers make informed decisions about their purchases.