Parliament Security Breach: Woman and Youth Disrupt Proceedings, MPs Alarmed by Yellow Fumes

On December 13, 2001, a significant incident occurred in the security of the Parliament. During an ongoing session in the Lok Sabha, two individuals jumped from the visitors’ gallery, creating chaos. Members of Parliament were frightened as a tumultuous atmosphere unfolded. Both intruders were apprehended, and tear gas was deployed in the Parliament. This event marked a major security breach in the Parliament, reminiscent of a similar incident 22 years prior.

Intruders in Parliament – Who are they?

During today’s parliamentary proceedings, two individuals jumped from the visitors’ gallery, spreading disorder and resistance with colored smoke, indicating protest. Both fled and were swiftly captured by the police outside the transport building. One of them is identified as a 42-year-old woman named Nilam Kaur Singh, associated with the protests. The other is a 25-year-old youth named Amol Dhanraj Shinde from Maharashtra.

What was Said? – Congress MP Karti Chidambaram Speaks

Congress MP Karti Chidambaram mentioned that two people suddenly jumped from the visitors’ gallery, creating chaos in the Lok Sabha. The individuals, about 20 years old, were caught, and during the scuffle, a gas with a yellow hue emanated. One of them managed to reach the Speaker’s chair, uttering some slogans. Concerns were raised about the potential use of harmful gas during the security breach on December 13, 2001.

Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury – Two Individuals Jumped in the Gallery

Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury described an incident where two people jumped in the gallery. One of them threw something, causing the release of gas. Security officers apprehended one individual, while the other was thrown out by security personnel. This incident is a significant security lapse on the 22nd anniversary of the Parliament attack.

TMC MP Sudip Bandyopadhyay – An Experience of Panic

TMC MP Sudip Bandyopadhyay described a dramatic experience when two people suddenly jumped into the Parliament. The motive behind their actions remains unknown. The situation could have escalated into an explosion or gunfire. While everyone was evacuated from the house, the security breach was a cause for concern. Bandyopadhyay questioned how someone could enter with explosives amidst heightened security.

December 13, 2001 – Parliament Attack Anniversary

On December 13, 2001, the Parliament session was disrupted during the debate on the Women’s Reservation Bill. At 11:02 AM, amid the chaos, Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee and opposition leader Sonia Gandhi were evacuated from the Parliament. Around 11:30 AM, the security operation began, culminating at 4 PM.

Afzal Guru Executed – The Aftermath

Afzal Guru, one of the convicts in the Parliament attack case, was executed on February 9, 2013, at Tihar Jail. While S.A.R. Geelani and Afsan Guru were declared innocent, Afzal Guru was sentenced to death. Shaukat Hussain’s death sentence was commuted to ten years of rigorous imprisonment. Afzal Guru’s execution stirred controversy and debates about the death penalty.

Niyati Rao

Niyati Rao is a seasoned writer and avid consumer who specializes in crafting informative and engaging articles and product reviews. With a passion for research and a knack for finding the best deals, Niyati enjoys helping readers make informed decisions about their purchases.